Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Our Christmas Tree - Getting Started

We went to the Christmas Tree Farm as usual, but instead of wandering around in a forest of firs, we just had to go inside a barn and pick from about 50. Last year the farm flooded 6 feet deep and they lost 200 trees, so pickins were slim. We found a great tree (the first one we saw) and had it wrapped and loaded onto the top of Mom's SUV. Jacob informed everyone that he was Superman.

We didn't bring the tree in until the next day and then spent a good chunk of time figuring out which ornaments we could leave out. Between the two households, we probably have enough ornaments to fill three trees! I just picked out a few from our pile: "Our First Christmas,"
our new ornaments from Ireland and Arizona, and "My First Christmas" ornaments for Jacob and Ella. Oh yeah, and Tomo's ornament is up there, too. Can't forget that one! Jacob spent a lot of time arguing whether or not the ornaments needed a hook if they already had something to hang them with and Ella spent most of her time pulling the tops off of the glass balls. Both kids were bored after about 15 minutes, so I finished up by myself. I did a great job. ; )


(I made Ella's dress)




2 comments:

Ashley said...

Your kids are so cute..! Merry Christmas.!!

Brooke said...

I ADORE her dress. Sometimes I wish I had a girl.