Monday, July 27, 2009

As Though I Could Predict the Future...!

Our pastor is in the hospital, so one of our church members, a police officer, did the service. During the children's sermon on Sunday, Jacob said the following (as far as I can remember):

J: What's your name?
C: Me? My name's Carl. What's yours?
J: My name's Luke.

C: Today we're going to talk about where you go if you need help. Who do you call if there's been a robbery?
*silence*
C: You'd call the police. Okay, who do you call if your house is on fire?
J: A FIREMAN!!!!!
C: Everyone loves the fire department...
C: Okay, so police and firemen both can help you if you need help, but who helps them? Who could that police man call on to help if he was in trouble?
J: A FIREMAN!!!!
C: Well, I was thinking more like God. God can help you if you need help.
J: God? I've never seen HIM before...

C: Do you ever need help?
J: Sometimes I need help when I'm playing Plants vs. Zombies.
C: And who do you ask for help?
J: My mommy.
C: Anyone else?
J: That boy that my mommy's married to.

There was much more to this conversation, but it's been a whole day so my mind is a blank.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

So funny!

Hope said...

Oh my gosh, I'm laughing so hard! "That boy my mommy's married to"?
HILARIOUS

Orchid said...

LOL oh my god.