Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Playing Outside

The kids really liked playing outside on Grandad's tricycles. In fact, Ella became obsessed with her "bike" and it was really hard to get her to come inside. It rained and got colder after a couple of days, so Ella just stood at the back door yelling, "Biiiiiiike! Biiiiike!"

The night of the big thunderstorm, Jacob and Ella had been put to bed about 30 minutes before all the heavy rain and thunder started. Jacob started calling for me and I was worried that he was scared, so I went in to check on him. The first words out of his mouth were, "Mommy, what is that noise?" He'd never heard rain so loud in his life. Growing up with such storms as typical, I often forget that Jake and Ella haven't shared the same experiences as me. Jacob has barely seen rain at all in his life and Ella's first time to be rained on was in Ireland. I got Jake out of bed and showed him the downpour outside. He said, "The ground is like a lake!" Curiosity satisfied, Jacob went back to bed.


No comments: