Monday, January 19, 2009

Devil's Icebox; El Rancho; Slumdog Millionaire

Saturday, January 3rd:

This was another lounge day. Once Ella was napping, however, I went with Ryan and Maroua and the boys to a state park to walk around and check out a cave called The Devil's Icebox. We picked up Sonic on the way and had a picnic before hiking off. The park was really nice and we followed a boardwalk for nearly the entire trek.

Once at the cave, Ryan helped the boys go inside. There was a small stream running through it, so they had to be careful not to get wet. Once both boys had had a turn inside, we headed back towards the entrance.

We had a bit of a meltdown halfway back, but I won't go into it...

Once back at the house we were thinking about dinner and decided to hit El Rancho once again. I again ate too many nachos and again had trouble sleeping because of how full I was. But as I write this, I know in my heart that I would do it all over again... mmmm.... Outside were weird clown people who kept the boys entertained. The adults, on the other hand, were creeped out.

Once the kids were in bed, Maroua and I went to the Ragtag Theatre and saw Slumdog Millionaire. It was really good!








1 comment:

Brooke said...

Your nacho conviction almost put me to tears. Very touching.