Saturday, October 24, 2009

Ella thinks about going to bed

We're house-sitting right now, and the kids are sleeping in a room with a bunkbed. Ella's on the bottom, Jacob's on the top.

I heard a noise so I went to check on the kids. Ella was starting to climb the ladder to the top, so I said "Ella, get off the ladder and lay down on your bed."

Ella stopped climbing, but just stood there, not looking at me. "Ella, get off the ladder," I repeated.

Now she looked at me and said "I'm still thinking!"

Trying not to crack a grin, I said, "Okay, go ahead and think about it."

Whereupon she put a look on her face that very clearly said "I'm thinking," and continued making this face for five or ten seconds. Then she sort of snapped out of it, grinned, and said happily "I think I'll go to my bed!" and she trotted right on over and laid down.