Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Today's NST- 34 Weeks

NST stands for "non-stress test" and is a way to monitor the babies' movements and heart rates. It takes 30-60 minutes of me lying down doing nothing while I have two heart rate monitors, a contraction monitor, and a button to push when I feel movement. I'll have to do this twice a week from here on out.

From what I could tell, Baby A's heart rate stayed in the 140s and Baby B's was in the 150s. I had a couple of contractions that I didn't feel, so that was interesting. I can remember the same thing with both Jacob and Ella when I was hospitilized with stomach flu for each of them. It's very strange to see the monitor register something that you, yourself, don't even feel.

We passed with flying colors and will go in again on Friday!

1 comment:

Texas Baseball Savant said...

It's always fun to make an A+ on a pop quiz. Congratulations!

Love,
Dad