Friday, April 17, 2009

Easter Eggstravaganza!!! Sort of...

Saturday after Ella's nap, we wrangled the kids into the kitchen to dye eggs. Grandma had prepped the eggs earlier so all we had to do was get the dye ready and go. The kids seemed very interested in this strange ritual and we made it out with no spills or major accidents.



Next it was time to make a bunny cake. Jacob and Ella both got to help spread the frosting and put in toothpicks. Each kid was given an ear to color and place on the bunny's head. Ella put it in his back. Next they sprinkled coconut "fur" and added jelly beans for eyes and a nose.



Easter morning, I was so sick that I barely got out of bed. The kids had their Easter baskets waiting and had an egg hunt in the living room. I went back to bed and Kris got the kids ready for church. John and Nikki were in town so everyone but me went to Easter service and then came back to the house for a huge lunch. I stayed in bed hacking my lungs out and reading a book. John was kind enough to make a sign for my door.

4 comments:

Brooke said...

aww. get better, you.

Hope said...

What fun Easter activities! I love the bunny cake; it's super cute.
I'm sorry to hear that you have consumption. Are you still under quarantine?

Jessica Rhodes said...

No longer under quarantine, but I am keeping the sign ; )

Hope said...

Only one grocery store? What is it: the Pigly Wigly?