Saturday, April 4, 2009

Jake and Daddy Go to the Movies

I (Kris) took Jake to see a movie on Tuesday. We saw Monsters vs Aliens in 3D. Jake was pretty impressed with the 3D-ness of it all. "How does it come out?" he asked, as he flipped his glasses back and forth over his eyes trying to figure out how it worked. About halfway through the movie, though, he decided he preferred the 2D version, probably because the glasses were far too big for his face. (He probably was seeing a lot of rim.)

Before the movie, I fulfilled a longstanding promise to get him a "small chocolate shake." He's been fantasizing about drinking a "small chocolate shake" for quite a while now. "Before the movie, I'll get you a chocolate shake!" I told him--whereupon he himself extracted the additional condition that it must be "small." Because his fantasy was not to have just any chocolate shake. It had to be a "small chocolate shake."

Jake watched attentatively and asked questions about the plot throughout the movie. I don't know what he's going to do once we finally break the bad news to him that in the movie theater you're "supposed to be quiet." That will make for a sad little Jakey. (It was okay this time because the only other people in the theater also had a kid who was also pretty talkative.)

Afterwards we played Air Hockey in the theater lobby. Jake won 7 to 6. I need to work on my game.

Next our task was to pick up Grandma from her eye doctor appointment. While waiting for her, I tried some frames out on him. Almost all of them looked really cute. They actually make frames that are correctly proportioned for kids' faces. Why they can't do this for adult males, I'll never understand.

1 comment:

Hope said...

I want a small chocolate shake too.