Thursday, April 12, 2012

2 NSTs and Some PreLabor

Friday and Tuesday had uneventful NSTs. Heart rates and movement are perfect!

Tuesday night, I had several light contractions in a row. My feet had swollen more than usual that day, so I'd been sitting in the recliner as I graded papers. There's a list of 5 things I need to do to make sure I'm in real labor and not prelabor so I got up, got something to drink, got something to eat, went to the bathroom, took a shower, and walked around. That stopped it so I went to bed. I woke twice in the night, but again, the contractions were really light and I figured that if I could sleep through them, it wasn't the real thing.

Went to work Wednesday and had contractions all day. The kids were pretty patient with me so I was able to sit for nearly the entire day and just type notes onto the smartboard instead of writing them. I had one or two contractions which were uncomfortable, but still not intense. The rest of the time, I had about one per hour and they never increased in intensity or duration. I was stubborn about finishing my lesson plans, but as soon as I had everything in order, my principal drove me home. Debbie had the kids and kindly brought them over so I wouldn't have to get in the car.

My pelvis feels like the bones are separating and I'm a little sore. I kinda feel like I've been riding an uncomfortable bicycle. I took a hot bath last night and stayed in bed for the rest of the evening. My feet were really swollen but by bedtime, had almost gotten back to normal. I only had one or two contractions once I got home and none overnight, so I've taken maternity leave and will be staying horizontal from now on.

Mom is driving up from Texas today and should arrive tomorrow. Time to catch up on my TV watching!

1 comment:

Shelly Minter said...

Wow! You sound so calm as you type out your thoughts. I hope everything goes smoothly for you. Looking forward to some wonderful baby news soon!

Shelly M.