Friday, April 13, 2012

Day Two of Maternity Leave

By 10AM I'd already had three calls about my lesson plans. Apparently the sub is nuts. Trying to keep my Type A nature in check, but I was really really wanting to just go back to work. Of course, every time I get up and move around the contractions start, so it's easy to get back to the couch pretty quickly. Mom arrived around 11:30 so we went to Ella's school picnic. The weather was the nicest it's been all week so it was refreshing to be out of the house for a while. Afterwards, I took mom for a pedicure and we headed home. My feet were a little swollen so I hit the couch until it was time to get Jake and Ella and go to my two doctor's appointments.

My first appointment was with the regular doctor. Everything looks fine and I'm still at 3cm. I didn't gain any weight, but I did receive news that I'm negative for Strep B so that's good. I'd hate to have to be on antibiotics for four hours! We then went to the maternity ward for my NST. Again, everything went well. Being up and about today gave me a few contractions here and there but as before, they were light and didn't lead anywhere.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your sub sounds awful. Try not to worry about it, though. And no cleaning!

Virogreen said...

Hi,

Your blog is awesome.




E Waste Dealers in Pune