Sunday, March 1, 2009

Walkabout

It was actually warm on Tuesday so I took the kids on a walk in the stroller. It's a bit hard to push when there aren't sidewalks, but since there's no traffic either, I just ended up walking right down the middle of the street. We stopped by the post office, the library, then the playground. It's the first time for us to go to the library and it was kind of nice. It's tiny, of course, but that just limits the number of books Ella can pull off the shelf. The playground was confusing for Jacob-- he wanted to know why there were so many rocks (gravel under equipment) and then proceeded to try to remove them all. I finally convinced him that they were supposed to be there and he changed the direction of his energy to dropping rocks down the slide. The kids were getting hungry, but I'd only packed a snack. We loaded back up and I pushed them to Dairy Queen where we had ice cream for lunch.







3 comments:

Brooke said...

you ARE the best mom in the world.

Jessica Rhodes said...

It's the ice cream, right? I may have forgotten to mention that I only had $4...

Hope said...

Ice cream is the lunch of champions.