Sunday, March 27, 2011

California Day 2

The kids woke up at 5am (how is this even possible!) and after about an hour, I got up and took them to the doughnut shop a block away. It was lightly raining, but not cold. The kids were excited to see all the different flowers we passed so I tried my best to remember what they were all called. Ella's favorite was Bird of Paradise and Jacob liked the Bougainvillea. At the doughnut shop, the kids picked out milks (chocolate for Jacob, strawberry for Ella) and doughnuts and I picked bottled frappuchinos and doughnuts for Kris and myself. We stayed in the tiny shop as long as we could to try and allow Kris a little more time to sleep.

Once we headed back, I turned on PBS and crawled back in bed. Couldn't really sleep with the kids talking and running around so Kris and I begrudgingly got up. We knew the Bullios and the Kidds would be in church still, so we decided to take in an early lunch at the Steelhead. We arrived right as they were opening at 10:30 and sat down in the familiar club chairs and prepared to order some of our old favorites. Kris and I split the Margarita pizza and ordered cheese fries for everyone. The kids ordered mac and cheese that neither of them liked and neither of them ate, so basically they had a lunch of fries.












We walked through the University Center on our way to campus. I pointed out where Jacob had his baby pictures made, where Ella used to watch the birds, and where Jake and Rami used to play in the grass.





Walking through campus was a million memories... the rose garden, the library, trips to Starbucks, meeting Kris for lunch, our many trips to the Philosophy department...

















After our walk we headed over to the Bullio homestead where the kids played on the playground until they were worn out.


2 comments:

Brooke said...

Missing Irvine a bunch right now. Thanks for posting these photos!

maroua said...

I just saw these and almost started to cry! I can't believe how much I miss that place. I honestly never thought that I would.