Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Lord of the Dance


Wednesday, March 2nd I took Jacob to see Lord of the Dance. Jake's teacher from last year, Colin, was in the show so the dance school purchased blocks of tickets on behalf of everyone. Our seats were ridiculously high up, but we could still see pretty well. The show itself was a little weird... I think I was expecting something akin to a recital. There were good guys and bad guys and, like, a fairy or something? I have no idea... The ladies mostly did soft shoe dances and the gents, mostly hard shoe. There was one point where a girl did a sexy solo dance and I was glad that Jacob was too young to realize that's what was going on... awkward!
After the show, everyone stayed and Colin and some of his castmates came out to sign autographs. Jacob met all of the leads and had his picture taken with Colin. Jake was pretty tired by this point, so he was very ready to go home.



Colin Fleck: 2nd Place 2010 Men's World Championships
And as Jacob says, "Very sweaty."
I love my new dress, by the way!

4 comments:

maroua said...

you look so beautiful!

Anonymous said...

A ha! Now I know where I can go to steal that dress...

Also, Lord of the Dance has a story? I thought the same way you did - that it would be more like a recital. Interesting.

Kris Rhodes said...

I knew there was I reason I liked the both of you ; )

Jessica Rhodes said...

Um... that was from Jessica.

Otherwise, awkward!